Systems Engineers support the development, implementation, and promotion of improved infrastructure architectures and best practices. Systems Engineers provide an interface to the customer development teams, a systems focus when designing application architectures, and expertise to tune, optimize, and troubleshoot deployed applications from a systems perspectives. This requires an individual with proven experience with:
- Cloud virtualization
- Database and application server optimization
- Achieving and maintaining 99.999% availability of systems and applications
- Backup and recovery needs, anticipating worse case scenarios
- Interacting with clients, focusing on maximizing effectiveness without compromising production environment
- Atomic Data Systems Engineers provide a final escalation point for INternal and Customer deployed application environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience as a presales and post sales engineer/consultant
- Able and comfortable presenting to customers
- Self-managed and organized, able to schedule own work flow in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable making recommendations at an Enterprise level by looking at systems holistically
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Experience with Windows 2008R2, Sever 2012, & Sever 2012Rs
- Experience with SQL Sever; configuration & tuning
- Experience with Exchange 2010 & 2013 in a high availability environment (DAG, DR)
- Experience evaluating and fixing active directory issues
- Experience with at least 1 SAN vendor's technology (NetApp highly desired)
- Experience troubleshooting Windows, Linux, and VMware systems using various tools
- Proficient with scripting languages (PowerShell & Python)
- Experience with SAN technologies (NetApp highly desired)
- Experience configuring load balancer hardware and software (F5 LTM)
- Experience with email systems and troubleshooting flow (Exchange/PostFix/SendMail)
- Strong experience monitoring servers and applications (Nagios/Zenoss/LogicMonitor/Splunk/Cacti)
- Strong experience with System Management tools
- Experience setting up and administering backup and replication architectures for worst case scenario
- Experience maintaining systems in a load balanced environment, creating highly available applications
With Atomic Data's service-centered approach to business, we are only as strong as the weakest link in our team. Our clients have high expectations for our services and so expectations for our employees are even higher. We’re a team of smart, dedicated, hard-working men and women that take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations at every turn.
Though we may work hard, we love to play hard too. Rewarding our employee's is essential to maintaining our unrivaled service experience. With benefits ranging from monthly company/client BBQ's, health coverage, 401K plans, cell-phone and Internet stipends, on-premise workout facilities, to paid vacation and competitive salaries, Atomic Data knows how to keep our people happy.
Integrity is the key to our success. We do what we say.