The Wireless Network Engineer is responsible for the operation, implementation, and maintenance of an existing service provider network. Duties will include network capacity planning, implementing ongoing wireless network architecture improvements in a data center, or client, environment, and making internal technology recommendations to management. Network Engineers work on a team performing both new customer activations, and customer network architecture design and integration. The Wireless Network Engineer will have a strong ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and to anticipate end-to-end network infrastructure needs. Network Engineers work internally and externally with IT support team(s) and/or partners as part of an IT networking consultancy with client. Infrastructure Engineers must possess solid level knowledge in Cisco and Aerohive Networking, The Network Engineer serves as support level for troubleshooting networking issues escalated from the Atomic NOC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Escalation point for troubleshooting of complex wireless networking related issues in a TAC environment
- Design, configure, and install custom infrastructure solutions for Data Center and Wireless customers
- Operate and optimize existing Cisco network interconnecting multiple Data Centers with customer locations and the Internet
- Work with Cisco/Meraki and other wireless vendors
- LAN communications (including 802.1q-based VLANS, link aggregation & Cisco VTP)
- WAN communications (including Client-PPP, frame relay & ATM)
- Wireless survey tools (Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g wirless LAN client adpaters, Airmagnet wireless survey tool)
- Clear understanding of 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi standards and related components
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Aironet a/b/g/n LWAPP/IOS access points, wireless LAN controllers
- Responsible for setup/configure wireless network (controller/access point/STA)
- Strong understanding of LAN switching technologies (VLANs)
- WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, IDS/IPS using Radius, AAA authentication
- Wireless sniffers, WEP encryption, WPA2, Cisco LWAPP and IOS based solutions, WLSM, WiSM
- Performing wireless predictive and onsite surveys
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science.
- CCNP (wireless) certification or higher knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge with 3-5 years experience in a high-performance datacenter with direct support and network services engineering responsibilities
- Will be responsible for managing technical escalations, performance tuning and outage related to wireless networks
- Ability to provide onsite assistance to clients
- 24x7 operations experience required
With Atomic Data's service-centered approach to business, we are only as strong as the weakest link in our team. Our clients have high expectations for our services and so expectations for our employees are even higher. We’re a team of smart, dedicated, hard-working men and women that take pride in exceeding our client’s expectations at every turn.
Though we may work hard, we love to play hard too. Rewarding our employee's is essential to maintaining our unrivaled service experience. Atomic Data knows how to keep our people happy with company benefits including monthly company/client BBQ's, fully stocked kitchens, health and dental coverage, 401(k) plan, cell-phone and Internet stipends, workout facilities, paid vacation and competitive salaries.
Integrity is the key to our success. We do what we say.
Senior Manager- Network Engineering